Sunday, September 11, 2011

Just a Little Much Needed Levity...

After about 2 weeks of the lead up to the anniversary of 911, I think that
most of you will agree that it was agonizing. It was certainly for me, as
recalling the events of that day are so very painful for me.

Every American changed that day, one way or another.

So I took some time tonight to just browse around the net, avoiding all
911 related info, and found this as rather funny. It is a posted review
of a recent Hollywood movie sequel "Marley and Me: The Puppy Years". Now
mind you that I have never personally seen the movie....but the author of
this post in the IMDB told it like it is, and I appreciated the chuckle it
gave me after a grueling day of 911 fatigue.

Here is the post:

Let me begin with an apology to the people reading this. I am only giving
this 1 star because you can not give it any lower. I also wish to
apologize from the American people to the Author of Marley and Me, we are
sorry that Hollywood has done this to your story.

Now with that said, why why why why why why..... why would you take a
wonderful heartfelt movie like Marley & Me and try to milk it like a cash
cow. This movie, which I sat through because my wife rented it for our
children, was the worst thing I have seen in my life, and to date I have
viewed about 7,000 movies, 5,240 of which we own. (okay we have no life)
Marley is not a talking dog movie, you want a talking dog, go watch Scooby
Doo, Marmaduke or the 1 million Air Bud movies and puppy sequels.

I sincerely wish Hollywood would stop doing this to movies, making useless
sequels after sequel trying to get a buck. Yes, this was a direct to video
movie, but it should have been freebie for walking into Wal-Mart. I can
see the greeter, "Hi welcome to Wal-Mart, here's your free crappy movie,
and a fork to gouge your eyes out after viewing it." I know they will
never make any money to cover the coast of this movie, I am sure it is
headed straight to the dollar store in a few weeks. I admit I watched it,
we rented it from Family video (no way was I buying it, or even
considering buying it at 15.99 at Wal-Mart, we had a free rental and the
only thing it cost me was my time. Of which I am considering suing the
studio for reparations for that. When even my 5yr old says 'dad this movie
sucks can I go play" you know it is bad, this kid made me sit through
Rango... twice which for all of the ways it annoyed me, she loved it.
Regardless, if you are considering seeing this, please do not... you will
beg for a mercy killing before it is over... This movie is definitely one
of the ten signs of the Apocalypse. If this is any sign of the rest of the
crap to come out of Hollywood in the near future, I am praying that the
world will end like the crazy preacher guy was saying earlier this year in
November... at least that way, we can not be tortured anymore with this
kind of garbage. Really who gave this movie the okay... who said let's
waste money and time, and all the respect our studio may still have...
let's make a nonsensical kiddie version of Marley and me and call it the
puppy years... That person was on some serious drugs... as were the people
who said okay let's do it... here's your money...